Topic: Mac OSX - Audio Device Select - output?

I just made the switch over to MacOSX Snow Leopard, and was glad to see DigiCheck available - that is - until I noticed that on couldn't change the monitoring channels to the card's outputs. That's a serious bummer. When will this be fixed?

FWIW - I used Google translate to check out this thread, but it seems to have fallen silent. Thoughts?

Re: Mac OSX - Audio Device Select - output?

I tried upgrading Snow Leopard a couple of weeks ago and I had so many software and hardware compatibility issues that it was simpler to revert back to 10.5 for now. The RME drivers seemed to work, but I didn't try Digicheck.

Did you install SL fresh? AFAICT, that's the only way to go to minimize issues.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

Heh - when I made the switch - it was from Windows 7. smile Everything went fine - there's *no* trouble with the FF400 driver.

I'm talking about the *feature* of DigiCheck and how it's *not* able to monitor the sound card outputs.

HHaynes wrote:

Heh - when I made the switch - it was from Windows 7. smile Everything went fine - there's *no* trouble with the FF400 driver.

I'm talking about the *feature* of DigiCheck and how it's *not* able to monitor the sound card outputs.

It is able to monitor the outputs - you need to use the channel loopback feature in the Fireface Mixer app... it's all in the manual wink

5 (edited by HHaynes 2010-06-22 00:53:41)

I've read the manual - but unlike most people who never user *all* of the I/O on their device, *I* do. So now I have to waste channels on loopback while losing some of my outboard gear? Why?

Have you ctrl clicked the output channel names that you want to monitor in the Fireface Mixer app (bottom row)? (they should turn red)

I suppose you didn't understand what I was saying.

If (condition exists)
        all inputs are used for *actual* audio input
then (function)
        loopback != possible