Topic: Best firmware and driver version for Powerbook G4 running OS 10.5.8?

Hi. I have a fireface 400 and was running it pretty well with my 17" Macbook Pro. However, I want to configure an old powerbook G4 1.5ghz 1.25 MB ram to use the FF400 for my live e-drumming gigs. I'd rather not drag a $3000 laptop around just for drum gigs :-) I have installed the OS clean and am running virtually nothing else on this laptop. I have configured energy saver settings correctly and have disabled spotlight and anything else I can running in the background. I have tried different buffer settings in Live but still get glitches here and there running just one track of a stacked drum instrument (3 layers of Impulse with one reverb). CPU is hitting about 55%.

I'm having some issues with this config and have been trying different drivers. I updated the firmware to 1.69 (dunno if that was a bad idea) and am currently using the last PPC driver 2.62a. I'm wondering what would be a solid combo of driver/firmware/OS so that I can get this thing rolling solid. I am using the latest version of Live 8. This 12" powerbook only has firewire 400.

Is Leopard okay with the FF400 on a G4?