Topic: 9632 with Adi8 (Nuendo version)

Hi - I've searched the forum, but did not find excatly the answer I was looking for.

Here is my setup :

RME 9632 PCI
RME AIS-192
RME Nuendo 8 I/O
Cubase SE3

I have my Lexicon PCM70 connected to the outputs and inputs of the Nuendo.

I want to send my original vocaltrack via Nuendo to the PCM70 and back into Cubase with the PCM70 effekt on the vocaltrack via ADAT - and I think I am almost there. In and out of Nuendo seems to work.

However I am having trouble with the monitoring - is it possible only to hear the vocaltrack with the PCM70 effekt on it so I can make it sit in the mix ?

As for now I am hearing both tracks - the original, and the effekttrack - and I don't know wether it is in Totalmix or Cubase I should reroute...

I've searhced the net for a setup guide - unfortunately without any luck - your help would be appriciated.
Thank you in advance

Re: 9632 with Adi8 (Nuendo version)

Anyone ? - tips would really be appriciated - I guess I'm not the only one with this kind of setup ?
Let me simplyfi the question : - is it at Totalmix issue or a Cubase issue ?
Thank you in advance.

I'm not sure about Cubase, but in Nuendo 4.3 I would create an External FX I/O and then just use the PCM70 as an effect like any other. Is this not possible in Cubase? This is really more of a host issue.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

Ahhh I see - It has to be solved inside Cubase. Thank you. Looks like I have to upgrade Cubase Essentials though - external effects are only optional i Cubase 5.

5 (edited by Tonfriedemann 2010-06-28 22:23:33)

If you do not want to upgrade (which I would recommend anyway) you can still use it the way you described. 1. Don't use the channel output to feed the pcm. Use a send instead.
2. Turn the pcm to 100% wet
3. Disable the solo function in the return track (if possible in your version).
now you can balance everything nicely. But you still may have a latency problem which forces you to a certain amount of predelay.
sorry I write this from my mobile phone, please ask if you need me to get more into detail! Best regards, Friedemann