Topic: "Bad CPU Type" - Multiface II + 9632

I'm getting that message (finally checked the console) on my Mac G5 running 10.5.8.

After that it respawns. I've tried reinstalling...no luck.

Appreciate any help.

THanks,
Shaun

Re: "Bad CPU Type" - Multiface II + 9632

When exactly does this occur? Does it affect operation in any way?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

It happens every 10 seconds or so and yes, it's affecting the system performance. Here's what repeats over and over:

6/29/10 6:25:58 PM com.apple.launchd[147] (de.rme-audio.hdspAgent[10397]) posix_spawnp("/System/Library/Extensions/HDSPMADI.kext/Contents/MacOS/hdspAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/hdspAgent", ...): Bad CPU type in executable

6/29/10 6:24:18 PM com.apple.launchd[147] (de.rme-audio.hdspAgent) Throttling respawn: Will start in 10 seconds

And you use what driver?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by shamca 2010-06-30 13:10:39)

version 267 (10.4.8 or up, not 10.6), I'm on 10.5.8.

Thanks guys - I appreciate the quick responses, but not the win over England smile

BTW> I have it connected to my Octamic (D) via an adat/optical cable.

...and maybe it's my imagination, but I think I'm hearing crackles. Not every 10 seconds, but perhaps when a transient is coincident with a respawn.

You use a Mac computer with PPC CPU with a driver intended for use with Intel CPU? That can not work...

The latest PPC driver had been 1.6 or so...see driver archive.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Well, I'll look again, but version 267 is labelled "(10.4.8 or up, not 10.6)", so is that correct?

Thanks,
Matthias

It's not about the OSX version, it's about the CPU in your Mac, which seems to be a PPC, not an Intel Mac...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yeah, the description was confusing.

I removed everything and reinstalled 1.6_c and all is well.

Shaun

Vie gates?

Oh, and just to help out a bit, the RME Intel installer put a driver in /Library/System/LaunchAgents and /Library/System/LaunchDaemons that wasn't removed when I did finally get the correct driver - causing some confusion. At that point, I had the correct driver but was still getting an error on the console.

Cheers,
Shaun