Topic: Questions about Multiface II

I'm looking at buying a Multiface II and I have a few questions.

Are there any driver issues win Win7 x64?

Can the Multiface II be turned on / off safely without shutting down my computer?

What happens if I put my computer to sleep when the Multiface is connected / powered?

Would using a Multiface II (PCIe) give me much lower latency than using say a firewire 800?

Lastly, it would be nice to have a couple preamps built-in.  Is RME developing a Multiface III that might be worth waiting for?

Re: Questions about Multiface II

I take it RME support is not so hot.

Are there any driver issues win Win7 x64?

Not in general.

Can the Multiface II be turned on / off safely without shutting down my computer?

No, the Multiface is powered through it's connection to the PCI/PCIe card. You would have to disconnect the cable, and that is not generally recommended. If you're on a notebook, then you can disconnect the external power if you like.

What happens if I put my computer to sleep when the Multiface is connected / powered?

Not sure, maybe someone else can answer. I think it stays lit but non-functional until the computer is brought back.

Would using a Multiface II (PCIe) give me much lower latency than using say a firewire 800?

Depends what "much" is to you. The HDSP cards have a smaller built-in safety buffer.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Thanks, Jeff.  I guess the Fireface 800 might be more up my alley.