Topic: Strange Multiface Errors: Host and/or MIDI out flash, AutoSync jumps

Hello everyone,

I'm having a strange problem with my HDSP PCI card / Multiface II combination using kernel 2.6.31.21 x86_64 (SuSE 11.2) and the ALSA drivers:

It may have been a coincidence, but it all started with a long buffer underrun in a custom-built software.
Since then, the MIDI Out LED lights up, stays on for a while but after some time, it flashes a few times, together with the Host LED, and afterwards both go off. After another pause, this repeats.
While the MIDI Out LED is constantly on, a high pitch crackling sound can be heard from the monitor output and the hdspmixer shows a lot of activity on various, but not necessarily ordered channels, e.g., all right analog input channels, and on most analog output channels (but none of the "Out" channels).
The AutoSync Ref. display in hdspconf jumps between different input sources about every second, as well as the SyncCheck Lock/No Lock.
Restarting the sound driver does not help, and what's a lot more puzzling, completely turning off the PC, removing all power connections for a while and rebooting does not help either. At first, the hdspmixer even showed too many and strangely sorted channels, after rebooting this was fixed.

Does anyone have a clue what's going on here?

Thanks,
Rainer

Re: Strange Multiface Errors: Host and/or MIDI out flash, AutoSync jumps

Follow-up:

The same Multiface attached to another PC with the Cardbus Adapter -> works fine
Another Multiface box attached to the first PC -> works fine
Return to original setup -> error persists

...I don't get it

Rainer