Topic: second Multiface

im using Multiface 1 in the last 5-6 years with no problems at all :-)
until now the ins\outs was enough for me, but now i came to the point that i need more ins\outs....

i would like to know if i can connect a second Multiface (for more ins\outs) to my system and if so how can i do it?
- can i connect Multiface 1 & 2 together, or i need the same one like i got ?
- i need to have second PCI card to connect the second Multiface, or can i connect it with ADAT cabel, and what is the difference between the two options ?
- if i can connect it with ADAT cabel, do i need for the second Multiface external power supply, or its going to get the power from the ADAT\first card ?
- after i connecting the second card (with PCI or ADAT),do i need to sync them ?  if so,how\where do i this ?

tnx for the help.

ps- my system: PowerMac G5 2.7GHz(DP), 6GB, OSX 10.4.10, Logic pro 8

Re: second Multiface

You need a second card... And sync, e.g. via Word Clock.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: second Multiface

Alternatively, you could connect an ADAT I/O box to your Multiface ADAT which would add 8 analog ins and outs. On the shortlist of cheap boxes is the Behringer ADA8000 which is quite popular because of its price, or you might be able to find a used Presonus Firestation which has a standalone 8x8 mode (both of this are 44.1/48 kHz only). If you've got the budget you might score an older RME ADI-8 Pro (44.1/48) or one of the later units like the ADI-8 DS that can do 4x @ 96kz as well. If you get an ADI-8 use it as your main analog I/O because the conversion is noticeably better than the older Multiface. There might be a few other options out there.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1