Topic: should I buy a Dangerous D-Box with my FF800 ?

Hi all,

My current setup

1) 4 hardware synths / modules
2) Cubase 5
3) Speaker MSP7
4) Benchmark DAC-1 Pre
5) Speaker is Yamaha MSP7
6) Win7 64bit
7) Fireface 800

I seldom use DAC-1 and it is now not in the chain. But all the hardware synths are directly connect to the input of FF800 where the main out is connected to MSP7.

Okay. Pls forgive my limited knowledge of summing. Many ppl said that summing can make the music sound better. So if I buy a D-Box, does it mean I can plug all the hw synth direct to D-box and because of the "separation", I can hear each of the synth's sounding/effect and tune it until I am happy then output to the interface for final recording ?

If this is the main purpose of the D-Box, I can do it in FF800 via Fireface mixer utility or even mute individual track in the mixer section of Cubase. Pls let me know my understanding is correct or wrong so that I can pick a summing / monitoring box.

Thanks!
Piggy915

Edited : a member of Harmony-central.com just told me there is a software called totoalmix where can I d/l it ?

Re: should I buy a Dangerous D-Box with my FF800 ?

you're using it wink totalmix is the mixer software that comes with the fireface.

Re: should I buy a Dangerous D-Box with my FF800 ?

Hi finally, I found it on youtube.  It has a tutorial and I now understand the fireface mixer = totalmix