1 (edited by Paul Woodlock 2010-07-13 04:17:46)

Topic: DIGI9652 in Win 7 32 bit

Hello there folks smile

I own an RME Digi9652. It's a great card and still works perfectly.

I have just upgraded my computer and have installed Wiindows 7 32bit.  I didn't install Windows 7 64bitas I already knew that the DIGI9652 would not, sadly, be supported in the 64bit domain.

I have just installed the latest DIGI9652 drivers in Windows 7 32 bit and it appeared to go perfectly. The card and drivers is recognised in the Windows 7 device manager under the catregory Sound videoand game controllers as you would expect.

I then went into the control panel and selected 'Sound' with the expectation of selecting the 9652 as my default playback reocrd device.

However I cannot see it anywhere in this dialog in order to select it? This is a 32 bit OS and a 32 bit driver. Why is it not working. It works fine on Windows XP onthe same computer btw. So yes I already know it works OK on XP.

Can you please tell me how to get this working. thanks in advance.

Paul

Re: DIGI9652 in Win 7 32 bit

It should work as an ASIO device in your DAW software - not as a Windows Sound Device for Windows System Sounds, etc (does't support WDM IIRC).  I generally disable System Sounds on a DAW PC anyways.  If you need a media player for mp3's and such - I believe you can find ASIO compliant software like MediaMonkey or FooBar with appropriate plug-ins to get the job done.

RME Rules!  I'm amazed these cards even work in W7!  This is the "Vintage" forum after all (the DIGI's have been discontinued for some time IIRC) - and W7 is cutting edge software...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Re: DIGI9652 in Win 7 32 bit

Thanks Randyman for the heads up regarding Media monkey, etc.:)  I'll give them a go.

I too always disable windows sounds, but need to use a media player outside of DAW software. The 9652 is available for windows media player in XP ( yes I know it still works in XP )