Topic: Purchasing a SIIG Firewire card in Europe

Hello,

I am new to the forum even though I have spent countless hours reading many posts.

I own a Fireface 800 and up to now I have been using my motherboard's onboard VIA firewire. I am looking to buy a SIIG firewire 400 card with the TI chipset (NN-400012-S8) and SIIG's website is not particularly useful for people looking to buy in Europe. However, I haven't found any online shops that ship to Spain. I have found a few UK shops, with only one of them having this particular Siig card in stock and shipping was 35 euros, as much as buying the card itself which is  bit ridiculous.

As I undestand almost every fireface user has bought a firewire card with a TI chipset. Where did you buy your firewire cards from?  Any info from Spanish users or from anybody else that knows of an online shop that ships to Europe would be great.

Thanks

Spy

Re: Purchasing a SIIG Firewire card in Europe

I'm new, too. In this forum.

Here in Finland we have same problem. No Siig card offers. So I've spent many hours in the net. I solve the problem with ebay. Shipping isn't cheap, ofcourse, but 'cause I want this card and I find a place to buy it... -I buy it. Thats my way.