Topic: Help! Totalmix config for headphones on hdsp9632

Hello,

I don't manage to set up totalmix properly and I need your advice ,

What I want to do is pretty simple: having two output channels, one for the main output (analog), and one only for the headphones (spdif), so I can adjust the volume precisely in my phones. (I am speaking of the phones output of the hdsp9632, which can only be set to 0 / 6 / 12 db in the audiocard hamerfall properties)
I'v watched the tutorials around but still can't get the solution.

What I tried to do is click on submix, and then:

1/ Loudspeakers monitoring: set a first submix for the analog output, and then clicking on the right panel on "monitor main": an 1+2
2/ Headphones monitoring: set a second  submix for the SPDIF channneln and then clickinh on the right panel on "monitor phones": spdif 1+2

The problem is that in this case, when I lower the ANalog output until muted and keep only the spdif output, I hear the sound both in the headphones and in the loudspeakers.

What's wrong ?? HeadScratch

I think I am a little bit stupid so don't hesitate to explain me each step in order to have the result I want...

Thank you for your help !!

Re: Help! Totalmix config for headphones on hdsp9632

Up...

Some help ?

I don't understand, is something connected to SPDIF out?

Are you using the built-in headphones output on the 9632 card? There is no way to separate this from the main analog outs, this card only has a stereo DA, sent to both main outs and phones.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hello Jeff,

thank you for your answer.

I just want to make two routings: one for the loudspeakers (analog) and one for the headphones (spdif, but with no hardware connected) By selecting headphones monitoring to spdif in totalmix I want to make a dedicated channel to control the headphones.

Are you meaning the headphones out of the 9632 are completely tied to the main output ?
that's pretty confusing, ie in this case what is the "headphones monitor" selector in totalmix aimed at ? Is this selector useless for the hdsp9632 ?

Thanks for the knowledge...

Are you meaning the headphones out of the 9632 are completely tied to the main output ?

Yes, phones out always has the same signal as main outs (on the HDSP 9632 only).

in this case what is the "headphones monitor" selector in totalmix aimed at ? Is this selector useless for the hdsp9632 ?

Not useless at all, it's just not what you assume. This section allows you to switch between monitoring up to 3 separate submixes at your main monitor selection. This way you can hear the mix you are creating for a musician. It does not have any direct relation to the headphones output on the 9632. More info is in the TotalMix section of the manual.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok now I understand... :-)

thank you for your quick answer, efficient support here !

have a nice day