1 (edited by cvor 2010-07-18 23:49:14)

Topic: HDSPe PCI-e Question

Hello.  I am thinking about getting this HDSPe PCI-e with the Multiface 2.  The link below shows my mobo (scroll to the 2nd page for the best view).  Is there any slot that the HDSPe will not work in?  I am currently using the top one for my graphics card - which is enormous.  I'd like to use the one at the very bottom...

http://www.evga.com/support/manuals/fil … _Guide.pdf

Thanks!

2 (edited by cvor 2010-07-18 23:59:58)

Re: HDSPe PCI-e Question

Also -- what's the common solution if you need more than 1 Midi Input?  I have an Edirol usb midi interface that has some....so I guess that's pretty much it?  I just need it for my midi foot controller....

I'd probably use the PCIe x16_2 slot that connects to the X58.  Some of those slots look like regular PCI slots - and the PCIe HDSPe won't work in those.  It should work happily in any PCIe x1 / PCIe x4 / PCIe x8 / PCIe x16 slot IIRC.  You could also use a HDSP PCI card in that PC w/o any ill side effects from what I gather (I'm still running PCI HDSP with i7!)

I don't have any suggestions for MIDI, but you can link multiple MIDI devices on a single port using Out/Thru type connections and using correct MIDI Channel assignments...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

4 (edited by cvor 2010-07-19 18:51:26)

Thanks Randyman!!!

Yeah-- looks like I have a total of 3 PCI E slots and the other 2 are standard PCI.  According to the mobo specs the PCIe are: 1 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x8/x16, 1 x PCIe x8, 1 x PCIe x1

Does anyone know if there is an advantage to using one slot over the other for the HDSPe PCI-e or if it won't work in certain of the PCIe slots I have?  I didn't see any documentation that mentions this.