1 (edited by arendi 2010-07-22 23:16:17)

Topic: CME UF6 and RME HDSP 9632

I have heard only the best about your products and I intend to buy RME HDSP 9632 or something similar from RME, but i need to know something first. CME UF6 is very good MIDI keyboard, but there is one "small" problem - USB drivers for Windows Vista 64bit and Windows 7 64bit. CME  declared the product discontinued, so I am forced to use MIDI Out. Also I will need additional MIDI cable because of the distance between PC and Keyboard. Does anybody have experience with this setup?

P.S. If someone knows that this setup does not work, or knows something better within same price range, I'll be glad to hear advice from experienced users.

My hardware: Chieftec CH-07 Dragon II, Asus P5KC, 4GB Kingston RAM, C2Q 6600, M-Audio BX5 ...
My software: Windows 7 64bit, Nuendo 4, NI VSTs ...
Type of music which i create and play: mostly synth-based, sometimes with vocals, lots of deep bass, processed samples and percussions ...

Thanks in advance,
Marko

Re: CME UF6 and RME HDSP 9632

Should be quite simple, just connect MIDI out of the keyboard to MIDI in on the RME. Only thing to consider: for your vocals, the HDSP 9632 does not have any mic preamps built-in.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: CME UF6 and RME HDSP 9632

Thank you very much for the answer. Does the lenght of the MIDI cable have impact on performance or latency on anything (we are talking here about 2-3m)? Do you recommend this card or its PCIe version HDSPe AIO or some other RME card in this price range,of course for the type of the music i am going to work with (vocals are not important matter for now)? Sorry, but my technical knowledge about digital audio hardware is very limited and I chose HDSP 9632 because of good reviews on the internet and this link http://www.rainrecording.com/windows-watch/rme-audio (I don't know even if this is correct). Please, if you can, be free to advise me.