Topic: Multiface II/HDSPe/Computer Build

I am currently researching a computer build for my first recording studio and am considering utilizing the Multiface II/HDSPe interface. Before I research any further, I would appreciate any thoughts/critiques on how the MFII/HDSPe would work in a computer built from the following components:

Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4P mobo
G. Skill ECO 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3 1333 (Cas Latency: 7) Memory
Either Intel Core i-750 Lynnfield or Intel Core i860 Lynnfield CPU
Noctua NH-U12P SE2 CPU Cooler
Sapphire Radeon HD 4350 PCIe Video Card
Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W PSU
Lite-On Black 24x (Light Scribe support) CD/DVD Burner
3xWestern Digital Caviar Black 750GB/32MB Cache Hard Drives
Cooler Master HAF 932 Computer Case

I will be utilizing a great deal of soft synths as well as vocals, guitars, drums, etc. Any feedback on this DAW set-up would be appreciated.

In addition, I was originally going to go with an M-Audio Delta 1010, but have had second thoughts...the MFII/HDSPe set-up would (of course) be about twice the investment, but I am looking for an extremely solid, low-latency system that will have dependability and longevity. I'm curious about what people think: Is the MFII/HDSPe package worth twice the investment?

Thanks in advance for your time...

Re: Multiface II/HDSPe/Computer Build

Looks like a good setup.  I don't know if you have a Fry's in your area - but I got my i7 860 for $199 "In Store"!  I'd go that route above the i7 750, but both are formidable CPU's.

eBay will make the MF-I / PCI about the same cost as the inferior M-Audio Delta wink

PCI is not a drawback with respect to DAW performance (unless, of course, you don't have any PCI slots!  Steve Jobs dug his own grave there IMO wink ).  Most all MoBo's I know of have at least one PCI slot.  I'm running a PCI MADI card - if PCI is good enough for MADI it will certainly handle a MF smile (I have a bunch of Multiface and Digiface setups as well - all PCI versions - they all rock!)

PCIe is great and all - but won't do anything for PC DAW performance with repsect to your audio I/O and latency capabilities.  Save some cash and go with a used PCI setup - I did (like 6 times over now!)...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Re: Multiface II/HDSPe/Computer Build

Thanks for your input, Randyman...

I forgot to ask if there was any real advantage to going with a PCIe set-up. You answered it anyway...Thanks also for your input regarding the CPU and easy ways to get this set-up down in price. (I would, of course, love it if I could get the MFII/PCI anywhere near the cost of a Delta 1010!)

Anyway, I appreciate you taking the time...