Topic: concept of MADI / need some clarification

I am considering to buy a MADIFACE for laptop recording and I have a question for the general concept of MADI if I want to use more than one piece of MADI front end.

Are MADI converters and micpres daisy chained or do I need a MADI Bridge for this task ???

Re: concept of MADI / need some clarification

You can daisy-chain RME MADI converters/preamps, e.g. Micstasy and ADI-8QS etc.
Also see http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_mad … adi_center
and http://www.rme-audio.de/en_products_mad … adi_setups

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks, very helpful !  bigger concept than I even thought.  All kind of combinations seems to be possible.
For example - Apogee has just launched the Symphony I/O box and they are claiming to provide MADI support later on. My guess now is that I can use even this I/O box or the SSL Alphalink with a Windows laptop and your MADIface. In this scenario I can still use your Totalmix software?   Am I right ?

Yes, Totalmix makes part of the MADIface.

How would you go about "Chaining" MADI devices?  My RME HDSP MADI has Optical I/O, and my SSL Alphalink has Opical I/O - they are connected with a Duplex Fiber Cable.

How would I add another piece of optical MADI gear in this setup (like an ADI-8 QS) and have the HDSP MADI recieve all of the available I/O?  I always assumed MADI was "one way" - kind of like ADAT where an Output has to go to an Input, and that's all she wrote?  Would the HDSP MADI actually have access to all active MADI I/O in such a setup (up to it's 64Ch limit)?  I must be missing something :-)

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

You can read about it in the manual of e.g. the Micstasy or ADI-8 QS... Essentially, you can daisy-chain devices in a ring.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME