Topic: FF400 problem with iMac

Can anyone help me: I have a Fireface 400 used for a year no problem - a lovely clear and magically silent product for my work especially- I have it connected via a firewire hub with no other firewire connections to Imac OS X 10.5.8  It fails every few minutes when recording or playing back, either with silence or nnow jjst rereecccc ooorrddd slliikkkeeetttttttttthiiiiiissss every few takes. I can't find the right driver update or flash update for 10.5.8 on the site as there seem to be many which might be the right one. I am not tek clever, just a simple VO artist who is beginning to resent the 400, which I know doesn't deserve such harsh criticism.
Setting up the original firewire connection and drivers was very confusing frustrating and took days; sadly this is reminiscent of that baptism of fire.
MANY THANKS IF YOU CAN HELP.

Re: FF400 problem with iMac

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fu … ire_400.gz

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fireface_x86.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Matthias,
Thank you for you help is supplying the right links. Much appreciated. This has resolved some of the problems but while playing back or recording  the FF cuts out (red light comes on) for about fifteen seconds at random times. The FF runs via Firewire to a hub and then the I MAC OSX 10-5-8  I use Logic express. It has given me a year of good work and I can't understand what has happened.
Perhaps a setting in the computer or fireface that I have misinterpreted? Or an Apple update that has knocked this out?
I am a newsreader so the requirement is simple, just one Mic. I have been doing crazy hours editing the work trying to get a single clean take without the unit failing. I am sure there is a setting or clock function or incompatibility somewhere but can't find it and don't know how. The manual is good but is designed for many uses and doesn't help me troubleshoot effectively
Thanks for any ideas you have.
Lesley

Maybe the hub broke down or one of the cables?

The cables either side of the hub are different lengths. Might that make a difference? I'll also change the hub. Many thanks.
I do good voices but can't work the controls for the telly. Does being mad help? At least my studio is padded.