Topic: Drivers 3.017

In first place thanks for the new drivers.

My general impression is that they are better. I haven't verified yet if the compatibility with the Windows 7 FW driver improved, but I will and then post here the results.

A new settings dialog layout, simpler and easier to understand. Better integration with Windows 7, with the drop of the interleaved setting and the complete set up using the windows settings, though it would be nice if the setting still existed. You are now supporting the room correction enhancement feature, and that's great, because I always wanted to try it.

However, you have removed one feature that was one of the most important to me, and I would like to know if you could include it again. Previously, the drivers allowed the setting of the clock rate by the software applications, which was great, but now, it only accepts connections if the software applications use the clock rate specified in the settings dialog. I believe this might be also related with the integration with Windows 7, because they have a standard set clock, but why not giving an option in the settings dialog to allow the software applications to use any sample rate? Previously this worked really good... or am I setting it wrong?

Best Regards.

Re: Drivers 3.017

This is not possible anymore, only for ASIO apps. And that does work.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by yesgrey3 2010-08-20 19:47:55)

And with ASIO, will you add support to any clock frequency setting using ASIOSetSampleRate()?
I have tried it, but it still only accepts the standard values. If I try to set the clock to 46080Hz or 48048Hz it returns an error.

I have already requested this awhile ago on this thread (post#7) and you replied that you will support it on the next driver release(post#8), but it still doesn't work... Are you still considering it? That would be a very important feature to me, or else I will be stuck with the 2.9992 drivers forever... sad

Regards

Hi,

unfortunately, v3 drivers do not work better for me...

I get blue screens (portcls.sys) almost every time I open Nuendo projects with sample rates other than 44.100Hz.

Projects that have 44100Hz sampling rate work fine...

I also got blue screens with previous beta v3 drivers... occasionally.

No problems at all with 2.9992 drivers.

Regards,

b.

https://granurise.com

yesgrey3 wrote:

And with ASIO, will you add support to any clock frequency setting using ASIOSetSampleRate()?
I have tried it, but it still only accepts the standard values. If I try to set the clock to 46080Hz or 48048Hz it returns an error.

In reality I will only need 48048Hz (for Blu-ray) and 46080Hz (for PAL), so if it would be simpler to add support only to these two clock settings I will be fine with that.

Thanks.

It's on our list.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It's on our list.

Please put "Remove Blue Screens in v3 driver" also on your list : )

Regards,

b.

https://granurise.com

Bostjan, I am sorry, but we and I think nearly anyone else do not see BSODs with the 3 driver anymore. And we can only remove a bug if it is reproducible...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It's on our list.

Great.:-)

Regards.

I got the new drivers and noticed a small thing in the readme file...

In the second line you say:
"Fireface 400/800"

but then in the log the firmware part say:
"current firmware: 2.77 / 1.70"

Considering that 2.77 is the firmware version of FF800 and 1.70 of FF400, I think it would be preferable to switch the order. It's not a big issue, but it would help avoid confusion, because on a quick look one would consider the firmwares order to be the same of the equipment order... :-)