Topic: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 with fireface UC?

Hi everyone,

I am on teh verge of getting a new laptop, the Lenovo Thinkpad T510, after lots of reasearch! It seems that DPC latency can be very low with some tweaks, and its a solid machine.  On the RME site where they have tested laptops, the old T400 can only get 256 samples, whereas i really need to get 64 samples buffer size.  I read else where a few different results.

If anyone has had any experience, good or bad with the fireface and lenovo laptops, especially this one, please let me know. 

Thanks

Alex

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 with fireface UC?

Hi Alex,
I bought a T400 (2,8 Ghz Dual Core, 4 Gb memory) last winter and it worked fairly good with small buffer sizes. I used 64 samples in a lot of smaller recording situations and i haven't had any problems.

cheers
nico

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad T510 with fireface UC?

The listed laptop was a R400 not T-series. Thats a difference. Additionally I can say that the listed results were under private circumstances - so it's difficult to estimate your minimal possible latency setting, dependet on system config and used software (and how much plugins...).
I also get 64 samples working with a medium big ableton live set working fine on a T400s.