Topic: Analog Summing + Fireface UC

Hi!
Just wondering if someone could assist me in routing audio for analog summing
using my Fireface UC.

I just purchased a Dangerous Music 2-Bus LT and I plan on using all 8 outputs on the UC
to route audio from Logic Studio 9, back into Logic...

Intended routing:
8 Out UC ----> 8 In on 2-Bus ----> Stereo Mix (2 Channel) Out of 2-Bus -----> 2 Channel In's on UC

With this, I'd like to monitor using SPDIF audio out to my Presonus Central Station.

Normally, I don't think this would be a difficult task aside from the fact that, I'm having a hard
time configuring the USB Mixer software for the UC. I've watched some tutorial videos
explaining the different sections and how to go about routing, but I still can't manage to route the
audio correctly. I'm getting redundant audio on channels, feedback loops, etc.

Is what I'm attempting even possible on the UC? Or is using the 8 channels out, 2 in ... and trying to monitor simultaneously
an impossibility?

I realize the solution may be too difficult to explain, so if someone could configure the USB Mixer software for me, save the
preset and send me it to download... I could load it up and pray it works...

If this is possible, I'd really appreciate it and it would be amazingly helpful! Otherwise, I appreciate any help I could receive!

Thank You So Much!

Re: Analog Summing + Fireface UC

You will be in a much better place if you get your head wrapped around Totalmix IMNSHO.  Check RME's YouTube channel - I believe they have a killer video tutorial on Totalmix.

Teach a man to fish and he will be able to use analog summing w/o help :-)  Believe me - you don't want to get into a "bind" because one of your TotalMix mixes is set incorrectly - and have to wait for a response on a BBS to get going again!!!

Lots of routing and submixing options will open up once you understand Totalmix.

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Haha... Ok, will do...  I'll definitely try to get a good understanding of the Totalmix, but just answer me this...

Is what I'm trying to do even possible? Because with some interfaces, hardware configuration is limited. I was wondering if I should
have gone with a different interface... Ultimately I want to use a minimum of 8 outs with 2 in's simultaneously along with monitoring the mix...

As long as I know this is possible...  I'll feel better about spending lots of time trying to understand Totalmix...

Thanks!

NJProducer wrote:

Is what I'm trying to do even possible? Because with some interfaces, hardware configuration is limited.

It is very possible.
Totalmix is far from "limited".

Macmini '19 3.2 GHz 6-Core i7, 32GB RAM, MacOS 10.15.2, LogicProX 10.4.8, FF400, UAD2 Satellite Octo

Your time invested in understanding TotalMix will NOT be time wasted - regardless :-)

As long as the unit has enough physical I/O to do what you need, then TotalMix can make it happen...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8