Topic: External power supply for Babyface

I have perused the V1.0 Babyface manual but it appears that the Technical data does not include any statement about the range of voltage acceptable for an external power supply.  12v is inferred as acceptable because the current consumption at this voltage is given.

Is the acceptable voltage the same as the FF400 (8-28VDC)?  I know it is likewise not stated in the FF400 manual, but it is printed adjacent to the power input on the rear of the FF400.  However, there does not appear to be any similar printing illustrated near the external power socket on the Babyface. 

So you do need to actually tell us somewhere .....

De gustibus - et sonus - non est disputandum

Re: External power supply for Babyface

The Babyface accepts 6-12 V. It?s of course printed on the Babyface info sheet. Works with the UC power supply, but it?s not necessary, so nobody will need it.

best regards
Knut

My HP Netbook runs about 6 - 7 hours on its 6 cell battery.  Assuming I can get a USBPlus cable, powering it and Babyface will run that back to about 4 hours.   Running Babyface off the battery pack that will run my FF400 for about 2.5 hours, it and my netbook will both run for about 6 hours ... a perfect match.

Almost as good as my Nagra V!

Admin Knut wrote:

The Babyface accepts 6-12 V.

Is that a nominal 12v?  In particular, will it safely accept an automotive "12v" from a "cigarette lighter" output, which normally sits on 13.8V on float charge.   

Does it safely accept the auto power lead as supplied with the QuadMic?

Yes and yes. Specs will be made more precise.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks, Matthias!

Now back to the manual, trying to fully understand TotalMix FX ....