Topic: FF800 and Sonar 8.5.3

Am I to understand that the current drivers for the newest sonar only run in 44.1/16? Using WDM drivers as ASIO ony supports one driver at a time.
Sonar 8.5.3
Windows 7 64 bit

Re: FF800 and Sonar 8.5.3

Did you try it? If so are you sure to use the latest drivers from our website?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes sonar says one of your soundcards doesn't support this rate, then resets it to 44.1

We need to make sure again: Are you using version 3.020 of the RME driver? Did you set the sample-rate in FF settings first? You may even better have to restart Sonar once you switch it in Sonar.

Yep. Both units are synced and happy before starting sonar.

You write about "both" units. I assume you are using two FF800 then? What happens when you use only one unit?

The strange thing is that 3.020 has *specifically* been published to address WDM Sonar problems and should allow all bit-rates and sample-rates now.

Can you make sure that you uninstalled all old driver versions and do a clean installation? I don't own a FF800, but with a single FF400 it works.

Got sonar, FF880 and windows 7 64 bit running properly. WDM or asio alone or with another interface too. It's a bit of a juggling act. Both interfaces need to be set to the same sample rate you are using in Sonar and the audio needs to be set to the sample rate you set in the FF800. In other words, the audio sample rate needs to be set in Sonar to the same audio sample rate you set on the Fireface or you'll get an error. FF800 doesn't load all the sample rates when you start Sonar, so if is different in either one, you'll get an error. In sonar the Global setting needs to be set to 24 bit as well. To hear any audio either in playback or recording the "fireface mixer" pot needs to be pushed up on the track you are using and this runs outside of Sonar.

1-14-2013--- new problem, Best Buy geek squad just repaired my Dell xps studio tower, windows 7 Ultimate, FF800, 1-7 chipset, desktop icons were gone, so gradually relaunching them. In the taskbar:  FF totalmix gone, and fireface mixer gone,,, so opened both via start button, nOW they're in the taskbar-- BUT-- when click on either, they won't launch to adjust/change any settings including LOUD volume from speakers. checked for updates from RME also.??? any idea what to check next???

Did you reinstall the drivers?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME