Topic: Irritating RME Mixer Graphics Problem

[large]This is the 3rd time this has happened and rather than go about reinstalling the RME drivers which can be a bit of a pain on my system I would rather find out the cause.

I was removing a totally non related startup file using the msconfig (a back up software launcher I no longer use).
After that was removed the mixer no longer displays correctly. Mostly everything is white and none of the faders can be adjusted.
The card/audio is all working fine but the graphics problem makes it totally unusable now that Im using multiple inputs and outputs that
require muting and un-muting, level adjustments etc.

I do not think its my graphics card. I have no other graphics issues with any software.

Anyone have any idea? this is believe it or not a bit of a show stopper, and the funny thing is its all working on the hardware front smile

Thanks

PS
If anyne knows why this mixer resides only in the system32 folder perhaps they could enlighten me as to why this is. I have a feeling its something
to do with that. I cannot start and stop this software as theres no mention of it in my program folder list. It loads automatically. If I exit I have to relaunch my system. I never exit though, but isnt the way it works a bit weird?
[/large]

2 (edited by cmusica 2010-09-13 00:13:07)

Re: Irritating RME Mixer Graphics Problem

After re-installing a number of times Im still not able to resolve this issue.  I have to add Im not that certain the software is reinstalling.

I think this is something for RME to take a look at rather than an open Q on the forum. But if a passer by knows what the problem is great.

Ive taken a screen Shot

[img align=C]http://picskip.net/u/13095014.jpg[/img]

Since this happened in tandem with your MsConfig tweak - have you tried re-enabling that startup program to see if the issue resolves itself?  And then try to un-install that application correctly through the Add/Remove Programs menu (labeled "Programs & Features" in W7).

If you can't uninstall that unused app - try to re-install it and then use the un-installer to get a complete removal.  I've never liked using MsConfig as a way to permanently fix startup issues (I'd prefer to address the issue by removing the questionable program or otherwise addressing its startup behavior from its own configurations, etc).

Last suggestion would be to remove all RME related files and registry entries - and try to re-install the RME drivers.  Beyond that a fresh Windows install is likely to fix it, to wink

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

4 (edited by cmusica 2010-09-13 22:42:53)

Hi Randyman,

You again! :-)
You answered my queries the last time I was here. BTW, I ended up going for a behringer ad box. It actually isnt bad at all. My hardware sounds as good as it ever did through any console I have owned. In time I will take a step up in quality.

Some software doesnt give me an option to stop it from loading in its preferences so at times I have no option but to go in to the msconfig ( I need some of that software so cant uninstall). This particular software I could have uninnstalled as I dont use it (for the moment)

But heres the thing.  I cannot find any RME uninstaller.  What you suggest is how I have done it in the past. But surely there is a way to uninstall their software without going through the registry and system 32?  Maybe something is getting left behind.  Is that how you uninstall the RME stuff?

Cheers

5 (edited by cmusica 2010-09-13 22:45:11)

Randyam just be clear:

1. There is no mention of the RME software in my programme folder. When I go to the add remove software its not mentioned there either.

Is this normal?

PS
Incidentally the Matrix is fine

Randyman... wrote:

Beyond that a fresh Windows install is likely to fix it, to wink

cool

Eh your not serious are you :roll

Thats a two day job and a weeks worth of tinkering.
installing and authorising all my software is a day alone,

My system actually runs very wellas I do keep on top of it.
This is the only issue I have. And the card.audio is working fine.
Just this graphics issue.

please, of all thats holy and sacred, and to the gods of music do not have me dong a full reinstall! DeadHorse

Looks similar to this: http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4291

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I'd check the link Jeff posted first - but why not simply re-enable the program you disabled when the issues started and see if that fixes the problem?  I didn't read that you've tried that yet (unless I missed it).  If a system issue pops up in tandem with a tweak/configuration change, then that change was likely to blame for the resulting issue.

As far as removing the drivers - I think you have to search for the files and then search the registry for a "Total" removal.  But it would seem that Jeff's link might shed some light on your problem as well w/o un-installing the driver (only the bmp files).

Good to hear you like your new AD/DA!  I love having lots of I/O!!! :-P

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8