Topic: Adat Connection Setup

Hi,

I have one FF800 and one HDSP9632 and one older 9652 audio card. The HDSP9632 ADAT out goes to FF800 ADAT1 and 9652 goes to FF800 ADAT2. All three cards on three different computers. I also have a M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 on the same computer as the FF800. It's connected to the FF800 via spdif.

Everything has been working fine with great sync. But now, and I am not sure when it has happened, I can't get it to sync. I also tried to remove all cables except the ones from the HDSP9632 and still, no sync between that card and the FF800.

All drivers are up to date. Windows 7 64bit on FF800 machine and HDSP9632 machine.

I can get all devices except the HDSP9632 to sync. Is it a hardware problem?

What can be wrong here? It would be great if someone could tell me exactly what settings I should use, cause I think I have messed it up pretty bad now.

Anders

Re: Adat Connection Setup

Please tell us all the cables you use and exactly how they are connected between devices. On all 3 devices make sure SPDIF In is set to coaxial, and nothing checked on SPDIF out.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I have tried with just the HDSP9632 connected to FF800 (ADAT out on HDSP to ADAT in on FF800 - just one ADAT cable). Still cannot get the HDSP9632 to sync.

In this scenario, the HDSP card has nothing to sync to. It has to be Master. The FF800 has to be set to Autosync, and Pref Sync Ref should be the input from the 9632 card.

Or, you can connect ADAT out of the FF to ADAT in on the 9632 (to provide clock) and then set the FF as master and the 9632 as Autosync.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Ok, thanks a lot!

I will try this tomorrow. But, if it still doesn't work... is it a hardware problem with the HDSP9632?

Anders

Maybe, if the clock or optical port is dead. More likely pilot error.

If the clock is shot, you will see in the Settings app a sample rate of 32 kHz no matter what.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi again!

I put a cable to the HDSP9632 so there are now both in and out from it. It works! Thank you very much.
What a great customer support!

Thanks

Anders