Topic: No Midi HDSP9632 and Steinberg Midex 8

Hi all...new to the forum...hoping someone has a solution for me;

I was running Cubase SX3 for ages with the HDSP 9632 and a Steinberg Midex 8 on Windows XP...no problems; I was using my Roland JD800 as a master keyboard plumbed into the HDSP beakouts plus 9 other synth units....two of which are chained on one output (via midi thru). I had no probs at all....the computer itself was getting ancient though (!) and I have recently purchased from a music colleague a Pentium 4/Asus m/board computer into which I have installed the HDSP card etc...and updated the drivers as insructed ( I believe!)....ditto with the Midex 8.
The card (HDSP) seems to be working fine for audio as I have recorded a short few bars from the JD800 via a Yamaha O2R mixer...and all seems fine. It plays back ok.....
But, I can get no midi in (or out, apparently) in Cubase 5. When the studio computer is first powered up, the Midex (powered from USB port) sits with a red light 'on', on port 1 (input) as I think was normal before.
As soon as Cubase is running its start up procedures, the red light on port 1 goes out...I assume this is part of the problem? Or a symptom...

Please, if anyone can help me out here as I can't 'live' without my midi connections...ok, I'm living in the past yikes) But the system worked fine before so I don't really understand why, when 'up-grading'...it don't work!! (I'm not the most technically proficient guy in town...so in simple terms please yikes)
Cheers, John D xx

Re: No Midi HDSP9632 and Steinberg Midex 8

Hi...we think it may be the fact that the 'new' computer is running Windows XP Pro 32 bit...and it requires that specific driver....we'll let you know if it works later.
Meanwhile...plugging the master keyboard (JD800 Roland) straight into the Midex port 8 in and out (as opposed to the beakouts on the card and altering the Midi port set up in the Device manager)...works.
Don't know if there'll be any sync probs doing it this way but at least it's stop-gap solution for now...regards JD x L8R.