Topic: Multiple Digi96/8 PAD and PST

Hi,

I have an intallation problem with my lastest Digi96/8. Since the last months I was running with 1 Digi96/8 PAD and 2 Digi96/8 PST without problem. Last week I bought a fourth one (PAD broadcast) and here comes the problem. When I installed it everything seemed ok. Windows intalled it and it was seen by windows and the RME control panel software. But I noticed that windows disabled one of the card ? And then I encounted some power off problem... Windows log out and shut down one screen monitor but stop there and never powers off the computer itself. I have to hold the power switch to turn it off. When I reboot, windows boot normally as well. I tested each card individually and they're all ok. As soon as I put a fourth one, one becomes disable in windows and my Cakewalk Sonar 3 & 5 don't see any card at all. If I remove one card, everything comes back to normal. Is it a windows or computer limitation, power supply ?

Pentium Intel P4 2.4
Windows XP
1.5 gig ram
4 RME Digi96/8 (PCI) driver 2.11 (2 PAD & 2 PST)
1 Multi I/O format / 2 X firewire port, 4 X USB 2.0 port (PCI)
1 ATI dual video card (AGP)
Power supply 450w
Cakewalk Sonar 3 & 5

Thanks to all of you...

Re: Multiple Digi96/8 PAD and PST

The driver only supports up to three cards, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Multiple Digi96/8 PAD and PST

Apart from the driver support the main problem is the memory space assigned to each card. This gave problems even when using 'only' 3 Hammerfall cards (DIGI9652) under Windows on some systems. This problem is (of course) no longer found in newer cards (the hardware, not the driver) which use a much more sophisticated memory handling.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME