Topic: HDSP 9632 rev 150 flashing?

Greetings,

My friend got HDSP 9632 PCI card at his project studio.
It worked marvelous until he changed the computer.
Actually he sticked the card into the other computer and call me to install drivers because he is not very "tech" literate guy, he uses hes gear just to record.

And here it is, I downloaded the latest drivers and Flash tool from RME website.

I installed the drivers and voila we got the sound on the computer, everything's cool, until I tried to open RME's control panel wich told me "hardware mismatch" and "try flashing to a new firmware" (or something like that).

I carefully read the text file included with FUT zip and read that the cards with firmware less than rev 1.8  can get to the point of not working any more due of error while flashing firmware.

When I started FUT I saw that firmware rev is 150 or 151 (I can't remember :S), but I didn't see nowhere a mark in 1.x format like 1.8 for example, so I quit of updating firmware because I was afraid that I could make something wrong, and I wouldn't like that to happen.

What should I do?

Oh, the OS is XP x86 (32 bit)...

Thanks! I appreciate Your help!

Re: HDSP 9632 rev 150 flashing?

HDSP PCI card is a specific product, not used as name for 'all' HDSP cards. So this note does not relate to the card you use.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

HDSP PCI card is a specific product, not used as name for 'all' HDSP cards. So this note does not relate to the card you use.

Does that mean that I can do flash update without worrying?

It does indeed.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME