1 (edited by whatudid2me 2010-10-02 09:48:35)

Topic: Multiface II and SteadyClock question

Hi, Ive a good deal on a Multiface II & PCI card bundle but ive learned that MFII does not have SteadyClock (which 9632 and  Hdspe AIO and have). That Steadyclock does work as an internal clock too or just for devices connected to RME soundcards (I mean is there a huge quality difference between Multicafe II's clocking and Steadyclock [Hdspe AIO clocking])? And one more question for the comparison of sound quality between Hdspe AIO (which have better specs than 9632 as i read) and MFII (as i know MFII is better than 9632)? AD is more important to me, I mostly track 1 or 2 channels vox and now I use E-MU 1212M 2x2 I/O. Thanks..

Re: Multiface II and SteadyClock question

Steadyclock can improve an external signal's clock quality, but the lack of SC on the MF II does not mean the internal clock is not as good.
As for the sound quality, there is no difference by design, both are meant to sound as true to the source as possible.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Multiface II and SteadyClock question

Thanks for the fast reply, really appreciated. As you can say im between buying MFII or Hdspe AIO (even 9632 may be an option) but i won't have a second chance to buy a high quality card again. So when it comes to the converters MFII or AIO is better (because their SNR is different)? Thanks..