Topic: Help With Fireface 800 and Snow leopar 10.6.4 only shows 44.100 khz !!

Hi, Good Day, what happens is that I installed the fireface 800 in Snow leopard, with drivers that come with the cd installation, all good, all sample rates, all fine, i download the latest drivers for mac 10.6, 2.75 and now only show in my project set up of presonus studio one 44.100 or 48000 khz no more !!!
please help because I record to 96000 kHz and this has me completely paralyzed.

I use the fireface 800 also in windows and i have the latest firmware and the lastest drivers on the 2 systems.

Sorry For My Bad English, I Live in dominican republic only talk spanish jajaja !!!

Please help and have a good day !!!!

Re: Help With Fireface 800 and Snow leopar 10.6.4 only shows 44.100 khz !!

Try to change the sample rate in Mac OS X, or in the FF 800 Settings dialog, not in the application.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok already I did it without Result !
i change the sample rate in the audio and midi set up in mac, in the fireface and nothing results !!
in audio and midi set up in mac the fireface appear with all buttons in off, the fireface 800 appear, but, only change the samle rate, and all controls, volume, mute, sliders volumen ,etc, appear disable, All in 0, And it does not leave me to change them.

In The aplication, studio one pro presonus, in options, audio set up One sees the following thing

Audio device fireface 800 (5AF)
device block samples From 32 to 2048 samples
process precision 32bits or double precision
bit depht 32
sample rate 32 khz

note, the system sounds and effects of mac output for internal audio card of mac !

so, to create a new song, the problem !!!!!

Name project The name
Save In
Sample Rate ONLY 44.100 KHZ
bit depth 32 bits
Etc

Please Help ! In Widows Fireface 800 works Out of the box, bot in mac in my studio, i have this problem !!!

Thanks For Your Time And Help Please I Need resolve this problem ! have a good day !

mayolsax wrote:

Ok already I did it without Result !
i change the sample rate in the audio and midi set up in mac, in the fireface and nothing results !!

How you know that?

mayolsax wrote:

in audio and midi set up in mac the fireface appear with all buttons in off, the fireface 800 appear, but, only change the samle rate, and all controls, volume, mute, sliders volumen ,etc, appear disable, All in 0, And it does not leave me to change them.

Fully correct. You only want to change the sample rate, and that option is there.

mayolsax wrote:

In The aplication, studio one pro presonus, in options, audio set up One sees the following thing
Audio device fireface 800 (5AF)
device block samples From 32 to 2048 samples
process precision 32bits or double precision
bit depht 32
sample rate 32 khz

We will check if Studio One is incompatible to the new way of setting the sample rate. You could try an older driver to see if that is the case.

mayolsax wrote:

note, the system sounds and effects of mac output for internal audio card of mac !

What does that mean, please?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok ! sorry for my bad bad english !!! The driver that I have are very old ! Where I look for other drivers?  And check if Studio One is incompatible to the new way of setting the sample rate ! thanks for your time and sorry for my bad english ! have a good day !

Hello,

a change to the driver will be made that should fix this issue. It will be uploaded within the next few days, please have a little patience.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Driver version 2.82 is on our website and should fix this (we checked with Studio One).

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Bingoooooooooooooo ! Thanks man ! You Are The Best Costumer Support I Ever Work ! Thanks For All, with The New Driver all Work Fine fine fine !!!!