1 (edited by Schubertriad 2010-10-08 11:11:41)

Topic: the cool ghost in the FFUC

Hello,

I recently started to use my FFUC as a DA desk converter to monitor my audio through the headphone jack at front panel
(sounds excellent with my HD600 Sennheiser)
First: the UC was fed by the SPDIF out of my 9652, stereo material 96kHz, no usb link after having set the clock source to SPDIF for a correct sync
Second: audio played either by Wavelab or AudioGate toward the 9652 assigning its SPDIF out pair
Before this, the UC was set to a preamp instance at 48kHz, no routing of incoming SPDIF to headphone, its internal clock being driven by DigiRecorder
(worked fine and troublefree)
Problem:
While listening I realized that the L,R channnels were inverted during playback following the monitoring setup above
(Totalmix matrix correct)
So what, I changed the setup at the UC using the USB channel and changed its clock to back to internal
then fed the UC right from the DAW but still the SPDIF playback channels, then opened Totalmix to internally route those to the headphone jack
and the L,R assignment became correct HeadScratch
As it was correct when adressing the headphone output channels from the DAW directly (not involving the embedded router)

From now, not sure if this was caused by the change of sampling rate, the clocksource, the router (SPDIF)

Another strange thing this morning, when I tuned the loudness by the front panel knob the volume became lower but panned center to left (volume down) or to right (volume up)
and when I opened Totalmix to use the faders instead everything went correct, evenmore from using the knob...HeadScratch

also, from now (until ...) the monitoring is still well L,R assigned through 9652 SPDIF and the related routing at the UC or with direct route from the DAW whatever pair in use (SPDIF, Channels 7,8)

Looks like routing mistakes within the PGA router sometimes...
Maybe someone to try those swapping of setup and routes and see ?

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II

Re: the cool ghost in the FFUC

"Another strange thing this morning, when I tuned the loudness by the front panel knob the volume became lower but panned center to left (volume down) or to right (volume up)"

Manual -> 24.1 -> Stereo Mode

Re: the cool ghost in the FFUC

fryingpan :-)

just missed it, thanks

for L,R inverted I am gonna check it by the time while switching from standalone to preamp to DA desk monitoring
The sopran in my audio was slightly off centered, maybe a cause for confusion depending upon the headphone, in ears..., speakers

HDSP9632, HDSP9652, ADI-8QS, FFUC, Quadmic II