Topic: Cardbus Windows 7 64 bit "code 12" "can't find the resources to start"

I just purchased a secondhand "flat" cardbus card to use with my Digiface and in Windows 7 64 bit I get a "code 12" "can't find the resources to start" message, any ideas? I've tried disabling everything possible in my laptop.

Re: Cardbus Windows 7 64 bit "code 12" "can't find the resources to start"

That Cardbus might be flashed to Mac and/or PCI instead of CardBus mode. You will have to find a different computer where it is detected so you can apply the latest and correct Windows firmware.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by beatpete 2010-10-11 20:32:02)

MC:
What kind of computer should I be looking for to try it out? Is there an alternative?

Please ask the seller what machine he used it in. If it was a Macbook and he applied a special firmware, you may need to find a similar one (or ask the seller to reflash it).

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Looks like I've run into a similar problem. I don't have access to an old mac to do this. Is there any possible way to update the firmware from a windows xp laptop?

Sorry, no.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Turns out someone I knew had an older G4 PowerBook and was able to flash the card with it to firmware version 15 and then re-flash the card to version 17 with windows!

We have the same problem with a cardbus that was used on powerbook g4. The Powerbook stopped working a while ago, and we are trying to put the old multiface with Cardbus (15pin) back to work on a PC with Windows7(64bit) via Cardbus PCI adapter. After a week of searching for solutions (hotfixes), i finally came across this forum.
To fix the problem a friend that still has Powerbook G4 is bringing it in 30min. I have to it back in a few hours and would like to know exactly with which sofware i have to flash the card for to be accepted on the pc.
just check but wasnt sure which i should use for mac?