Topic: Fireface 400 front panel knob doesn't work under Windows 7?!?

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a Fireface UC and I'm currently testing my band colleague's Fireface 400.
So far, everything works just fine.

However, yesterday I decided to try it out under Windows 7 Prof. (32 bit), as well and strangely, the front panel knob didn't work correctly any more... HeadScratch

Basically, it behaved as usually (i.e. the display reacted to my turning and pushing). However, in TotalMix the level did not change and I also couldn't hear any difference!

It still works fine under XP, though...

Is it a known issue and I just missed something? Or is it possible that an old firmware might not be ready to support the knob under Windows 7 (I'm not sure whether my band mate has the latest firmware...)? Or...?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Cheers,
Wolfgang

Re: Fireface 400 front panel knob doesn't work under Windows 7?!?

There is no issue - please check the firmware versions.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

There is no issue - please check the firmware versions.

OK, thanks! Great support here, really.
I'll check it. However, I just learnt that I'll have a chance to test a UC next week, anyway, so I'm gonna see how it works, then...

Cheers,
Wolfgang

I'm also experiencing this problem and as yet I have not been able to establish what chain of events leads to the issue occurring.

Note that I have the latest firmware and drivers.

Any suggestions that may help me to resolve the issue?

Sorry, I should also state that this seems to only occur (seemingly randomly) when I boot into Windows 7.

Note that I have a dual boot of Win7 and Ubuntu. On the back of my computer I have the spdif out going into the fireface spdif in - allowing me to listen to audio through the fireface when booted into Ubuntu.

If I do a cold (as in power off on the fireface and computer) boot into Ubuntu the front panel volume control works fine, however if I boot up into Windows 7 the error occurs. Strange thing is that it only occurs some of the time, not all the time booting into Windows 7.

Also if I reboot and don't switch off the fireface (which would reset it to its stored defaults) and then boot into Ubuntu it also doesn't work - which makes perfect sense.

Only solution I have at the moment is to power down the fireface - which is not ideal because I have to power down my monitors so an almighty thump doesn't come out the speakers.