Topic: HDSP AES-32 PCI card issues with Windows 7

Hi everyone,

Moderators, please move this if it's in the wrong place. This card is still on your website without looking discontinued, but the only HDSP forum I saw was HDSPe, so I'm assuming that here is the correct place.

I've built a new PC to run Sequoia 11. It's a more or less kit build, Gigabit ATX micro motherboard with Pentium duo-core I5, 4GB ram, pretty straightforward. With a new Windows 7 install and Sequoia 11 installed, it all runs just fine, but when I put the soundcard in it and installed the latest drivers I could find on your site, it works BUT every time I try to shut down it hangs up on the "shutting down" screen forever. By the time it's doing this, I can't view any processes, etc. as it's the shut down screen, so no CTL+ALT+DEL stuff is accessible (unless there's a another way I'm not aware of). I can restart, shut down or even log off and then shut down and it will always hang up on this screen. I have waited as long as about 20 minutes for it before hard restarting.

I have not run the flash upgrade on this card as it sounded like an option, rather than something that would keep the card from running.

The only similar sounding thing I could find searching was someone who wasn't having their card show and it was recommended that they "remove the blue boot jumper." If anyone knows anything I can try to solve or diagnose, I'd be very grateful, this is the last thing keeping me from running this new system (I guess I could run it as is, but it does not inspire confidence in the system).

Thanks in advance,
Jason Ward
Chicago Mastering Service.

Re: HDSP AES-32 PCI card issues with Windows 7

We are not aware of problems with the shutdown process with any of our current cards, so I have to assume that this is specific for the motherboard and other drivers (conflict maybe) on your computer.

Please use the latest firmware and driver for the AES-32. Please also check for BIOS updates of your motherboard.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Re: HDSP AES-32 PCI card issues with Windows 7

Hi Matthias,

I updated the firmware and uninstalled the default sound driver (Realtek) that came with my system, still have the same problem.

Do you or anyone else out there have any tips on further debugging? I kind of doubt my motherboard has a bios update as it was literally manufactured in the last several months, but I'll look into that angle.

Thanks,
Jason Ward
Chicago Mastering Service