Topic: What?s the problem between Fireface and finale?

Hello I think it?s well known there is a big problem with fireface series (800 by my side) and latest versions of make music FINALE (2010 and 2011). Even with last MME support driver, finale 2011 crashes when boot. Anybody knows what?s exactly the problem and, is there any solutin for this big trouble for me?

Thnks,  Lorenzo

Re: What?s the problem between Fireface and finale?

lamayom wrote:

Hello I think it?s well known there is a big problem with fireface series (800 by my side) and latest versions of make music FINALE (2010 and 2011). Even with last MME support driver, finale 2011 crashes when boot. Anybody knows what?s exactly the problem and, is there any solutin for this big trouble for me?

Thnks,  Lorenzo

More info needed. What exact driver version/firmware, What OS? Does it work with your onboard sound card etc. Also I've never heard of this issue at all.

Isaac.

Thanks for your answer,

I have disabled my onboard sound card, although I?m sure it runs fine with finales.

I have two boots in my PC. the first one win7 64 ultimate with the latest firmware in fireface 800 and the latest win driver. The other boot winXP sp3, latest firmware and driver 2.999 (last with MME support).

In both cases finale 2006 runs fine, but 2010 and 2011 crashes when boot. I only can run Finale 2010 or 2011 when turning off the fireface. Is there any known incompatibility between them?

Thnks again!

This is probably an issue not actually with Finale, but with the bundled sample playback engine.  What do they say on the Finale support forums?

I am running two different systems with Finale 2011 and they both work fine with two FF800's.  One is an Asus M4A89GTD Pro motherboard and the other is a Dell XPS M1530 laptop.  I would suspect something else might be the problem.

Hey, what FF800 drivers and flash update are you using?
thnks

7 (edited by 19 frets 2010-10-21 02:19:46)

I will check tonight when I get home and post here.

Hardware update version 2.77 and Driver version 2.9992.