1 (edited by gtodd876 2010-10-25 11:29:13)

Topic: Fireface UC Stand-alone Question: Muting Channel with Midi

I am a new Fireface UC user and loving the new workflow with Totalmix FX so far. I'm thinking about incorporating the fireface UC into my live setup in place of my mixer because it sounds so good and I can monitor myself with headphones before sending my stereo mix to FOH. I have three channels to mix when I'm playing live with my double bass. Two of the channels are line ins from pickups on the instrument going through a multieffects unit and a looper and the third channel is a small instrument microphone going straight into the FF UC. I would like to be able to have the microphone channel muted while I am looping/with effects and then unmute the microphone channel when I want to solo over top of the loops. A simple single footswitch sending a midi note on/off or CC would have a small footprint and be perfect for the task. I read through that part of the manual but I didn't see that function listed. I'm hoping that I'm just an Dummkopf and I missed it:)

-Todd

www.toddbass.com
Macbook pro i7 15" (mid 2012) 8 gigs ram, Fireface UCX

2 (edited by gtodd876 2010-10-26 13:05:44)

Re: Fireface UC Stand-alone Question: Muting Channel with Midi

Figured it out myself by trial and error. The Midi note E-1 will turn mute on/off for channel 1. I hope this saves somebody else all the time I wasted on trying to figure this out.

I would like to make a suggestion in the manual. Instead of just saying to use a Mackie control compatible controller. it would be helpful to either list the midi notes or provide a link to where the Mackie Control midi note reference resides so you can use whatever controller fits your needs and the information is right there for you. If you do a search on this topic in these forums someone from RME references this article: http://home.comcast.net/~robbowers11/MCMap.htm . It lists mute for channel one as the note "E0" which is incorrect as far as my RME UC, and Totalmix FX is concerned. The correct note for this function is an octave lower, 'E-1'. Now back to making music.....

www.toddbass.com
Macbook pro i7 15" (mid 2012) 8 gigs ram, Fireface UCX