Topic: Getting a lot of ''errors'' in Win7 with FF400

Hello, since the last driver update in august (or so) Im having real bad issue with my FF400.

I get errors (in the drivers error counter.)and the sound chops for a few MS. My DAW (and /or any other applications) do not indicate cpu spike or underruns nor Window task manager.

Its really weird because it only happens when Im mixing with my music partner.(Could it be related to grounding issue?)

I never happpened before these updates.

im starting to think about selling the FF400 because i wont play in front of my audience with glitchy playback.

I read that alot of ppl have problems with it lately.

My system is:

laptop

intel T9600 @ 2.8
Gforce M150
4 Gigs ddr2(?)

Could this be due to driver failure or do you guys have an idea.
Anyone heard of such glitches?

Re: Getting a lot of ''errors'' in Win7 with FF400

If the error counter is going up, you have some kind of FW issue/trouble... What type of FW connection are you using?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Damn, I replyed and My message is not showing up...:-O
I have a SIIG FW400 Express card.
I dont know what the hardware in my laptop is, (ill check in 3 hours and wil edit this post.)
My laptop is an ADK pro audio, and all was fine until I updated the drivers in june or So.
I just saw in the forum that the firmware update as to be done AFTER installing the drivers?
Maybe this is where I screw up..Could this be it?
If so can I just re-update.?
Or could this be related to a power supplie Issue? Because it happpens more where the current is not 100% adequate...
Thank you for the support!!!

Cosmic OrgaZ wrote:

Damn, I replyed and My message is not showing up...:-O

That's because you used the "Report" button instead of "Reply".

I have a SIIG FW400 Express card.
I dont know what the hardware in my laptop is, (ill check in 3 hours and wil edit this post.)
My laptop is an ADK pro audio, and all was fine until I updated the drivers in june or So.
I just saw in the forum that the firmware update as to be done AFTER installing the drivers?
Maybe this is where I screw up..Could this be it?
If so can I just re-update.?
Or could this be related to a power supplie Issue? Because it happpens more where the current is not 100% adequate...
Thank you for the support!!!

Have you tried with the external power supply?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

that is what Im using at the moment. I could power up the SIIG with a 12V adapter and power the FF by the Bus.

I too am having serious issues with the FF400

I have win 7 64 and the FF400 with latest drivers.
It keeps dropping out i.e. Windows stops seeing it all of a sudden. I (pretty much 3 times every day) have to turn the PC off for 10 seconds and turn it back on as the soundcard just disappears and just resetting the PC doesn't work.

I really dont want to sell it as ive always wanted an RME and now i finally have one, its not working right.
I have bought TI chipset PCIe and PCI Firewire cards to see if that helped but it still didnt work right through them either.

Ive tried external power supply, changing firewire busses, reinstalling firmware, software, reinstalling Win 7 64 and it still drops out.DeadHorse

Any help would be really really appreciated.

Hi Folks,

I?m a owner of a Fireface 800 and I?m using win 7 64 bits. Since friday I?m having almost the same problems that you. Lots of erros during playback on cubase 5 and sometimes bluescreen (yes, it happens on win 7 too!!!! DeadHorse).

At first I thought that was a driver problem (fireface 3028). So I?d reinstalled the old one 3020. And... NOPE... still the same problems. So I?ve tried to change my firewire driver on win 7 to the legacy one and the other one... And nothing happened...  At that time I was almost climbing the walls rant, since tomorrow I have to delivery a mix to a client.

So I decided to make radical things. I?ve formated my HD and reinstalled win 7.... and.... nothing again. Still bugging!!!! At that moment I started to think that my FF800 was broken or something...:roll....but I decided to try one more thing. So I formated my hd again and this time I install win XP 64 bits and.......... VOILA.. It worked flawlessly.

So resuming all my history, I discovered that the win 7 firewire driver SUCKS..

Now that I?ve finished the mix, I?ll reinstall win 7 64 bits and try to use some hotfix that I discovered on this post:  http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=8131

I?ll test and will tell about the results.

Thanks for this link. FYI I think win 7 updates have frakked alot of soundcard since my friends edirol sound card have stopped working properly not long ago.

Ill check out this link..

I have a shit load of gigs line up and really cant frakk them up.

cool

So Im pretty sure that my problem came from an Overload/Clipping of the DA converter..

I was sending a +- -5RMS signal and when I lowered the bass in my mastering, the errors stopped..Ever heard of that?

Is it at least possible??

Could it be related to the output setting (-10 -4 high gain?)

There is no possible relation between DA Clipping and the Errors counter...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

So its just weird...Because when I lowered the bass, it just stop the errors...

ho well as long as it works. I dont really care :-)

but what is the weirdest is that before this summer's driver update, the counter was not detecting these errors.

And lowering the bass should not affect that in anyway, but it did..that is why I beleive it as something to do with clipping or some kind of DA error, but if you say im wrong you must be right fryingpan