Topic: Strange behavior after updating: Multiface II defective?

Hi,

I'm using Ubuntu and have recently upgraded from 9.04 to 9.10 and then 10.04. Unfortunately my Multiface II didn't work afterwards.

With 9.04 it worked at least with the following dirty workaround:

sudo killall -9 pulseaudio
hdsploader
hdspmixer

But now the breakout box powers off as soon as I call hdsploader (the LED for the digital options wents off) resp. when it is called during the Linux startup.

How can determine whether my Multiface II is defective or the problem is caused by my Linux configuration?

Re: Strange behavior after updating: Multiface II defective?

Test it on a Windows PC... cool

How exactly does the MF "power off"?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I don't have a Windows PC and I bought the Multiface only because of the seemingly good Linux support.

During startup the LED for the digital options on the breakout box first wents on at the beginning of the boot process and wents off later when the hdsploader program starts and loads the firmware.
I know this because the hdsploader doesn't start if the bins are not in the folder /lib/firmware/hdsploader, so when I move the firmware away before rebooting I can start it manually. The LED is then on until I execute the command hdsploader in the command line.

You do realize that the LED is supposed to be off during normal operation? This is an error LED, not a power status LED or so...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Damn, but anyway I get no sound out of it. HeadScratch

Works again. Looks like the Firewire connection on the break out box was loose. fryingpan

sonicwarrior wrote:

During startup the LED for the digital options on the breakout box first wents on at the beginning of the boot process and wents off later when the hdsploader program starts and loads the firmware.
I know this because the hdsploader doesn't start if the bins are not in the folder /lib/firmware/hdsploader, so when I move the firmware away before rebooting I can start it manually. The LED is then on until I execute the command hdsploader in the command line.

yes, I have tried. it works