Topic: DIGI9652 Windows 7 32b

Hello,

After using the 9652 on a Mac for years i took it and installed on a PC i?ve got from my brother. I?ve done a Windows 7 32b fresh install in the first place. I didn?t have any problems installing the 2.1.1 drivers either, succesfull setup. But after restarting, on device manager the soundcard is ticket with a " ! ", and when checking properties i see there?s a problem with the firmware. I can see the ASIO driver in Ableton aswell but as soon as i select it i get an error to not available. I?ve had a read thru the other 9652/W7?s threads before posting but had no luck with that either. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Smike

Re: DIGI9652 Windows 7 32b

Is this really a DIGI 9652, or a HDSP 9652? HDSP card has firmware, DIGI card has an EPROM.

If you move the card from Mac to PC you need to remove the M52 EPROM and replace it with the W52 EPROM.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Jeff wrote:

Is this really a DIGI 9652, or a HDSP 9652? HDSP card has firmware, DIGI card has an EPROM.

If you move the card from Mac to PC you need to remove the M52 EPROM and replace it with the W52 EPROM.

Yeah, a 9652. I forgot totally about the eprom swap. As i don't have the W52 one, would it be possible to sort it out directly with RME or do i need to sort it with a local dealer? Thanks a zillion....

Smike

You can contact your local distributor.

http://www.rme-audio.de/en_support.php? … eutschland

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.