Topic: Rolling back firewire driver not possible

Hello, I've just updated all the drivers for my computer with the help from DriverAgent. The problem is that with the updated 3d Sensor1394 Driver, my Fireface 800 doesn't work at all (host led lit red). So, I've tried rolling back the driver but it says there are no backed up driver files. How can I get back to the original driver? I am running on XP SP2 Professional 32bit.
Thank you!

Re: Rolling back firewire driver not possible

Basically as described here:

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for a reply Mr. Carstens but I am talking about the driver for the OHCI IEEE 1394a Host Controller on the motherboard's Texas Ins. chipset that is already built in the OS. I have the latest driver and firmware for the Fireface and it worked great until the program DriverAgent suggested to update the standard 1394 OHCI Driver with the latest 3d Sensor1394 Driver. Now the FF doesn't work at all. How to go back to the previous standard driver? Rolling back to the original 1394 OHCI driver option doesn't work so I am lost now.

Of course, I gave the wrong link, sorry.

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5305

Here you can see how to change the driver of your FW controller. Procedure should be the same under XP.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by shortlived 2010-11-06 05:42:54)

Thank you so very much MC! It worked. The only thing is that I don't have the legacy one listed. Only the other two (OHCI-compliant 1394 Host controller & OHCI-compliant Texas Instruments 1394-Host controller). What to do??
Thank you

Legacy is only under W7.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi, so I choose the regular one or Texas version?
Thank you!

Whatever works for you...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME