Topic: Alternate between Babyface and Multiface II in mobile/live application

Just pre-ordered a Babyface from SweetWater here in the USA with inventory expected ~ mid-December. Can?t wait!

[large]Question:[/large] I plan to alternate between a Multiface II (currently mounted in my rack onstage) and a Babyface backstage to work on projects in-between sets using the Babyface. Will there be any problems running TotalMix FX (for the Babyface) and the old TotalMix (for the Multiface II) on the same machine at the same time?

Additionally, if the latency of the RME-USB interface proves comparable to the Multiface II on my machine, I?ll plan to sell the Multiface and upgrade to the new Fireface UFX. So I?d like to alternate between the Babyface and Multiface II in my host to directly compare the speed and audio quality of the two interfaces if possible.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Re: Alternate between Babyface and Multiface II in mobile/live application

No.

No problem.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Awesome! Look forward to comparing my Babyface to my very reliable and speedy Multiface II.

Have you had time to do your comparisons?  I would love to know the results.

The Babyface arrival is still pending at Sweetwater (expect shipment mid-December). I'll try to post again after I've had some time to compare them; probably sometime in January 2011.