Topic: What happend to the varispeed feature of the FF400 ??

has disappeared on my system..  has the feature been removed..and if..why?

Re: What happend to the varispeed feature of the FF400 ??

Instead of bumping a thread after two hours or so, maybe you could tell us more about your "system" and the driver version you are using. You might find details in the readme files, too.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Ich schlage vor in Deutsch weiter zu machen, 3phases Englisch ist nicht immer gut zu verstehen. :-P wink

RME Support wrote:

Instead of bumping a thread after two hours or so, maybe you could tell us more about your "system" and the driver version you are using. You might find details in the readme files, too.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

ohh..an answer :-)...

sorry..wasnt used to that...

So its not intended that all the DDL/ varispeed page got removed?

FF 400 with driver 2.85

Modellname:    MacBook
  Modell-Identifizierung:    MacBook2,1
  Prozessortyp:    Intel Core 2 Duo
  Prozessorgeschwindigkeit:    2,16 GHz
  Anzahl der Prozessoren:    1
  Gesamtzahl der Kerne:    2
  L2-Cache:    4 MB
  Speicher:    4 GB
  Busgeschwindigkeit:    667 MHz
  Boot-ROM-Version:    MB21.00A5.B07
  SMC-Version (System):    1.17f0
  Seriennummer (System):    W87350RSZ60
  Hardware-UUID:    00000000-0000-1000-8000-0019E34905EE

It is intended, and it is described in the readme. OS X simply does not support varispeed. The DDS feature causes lots of problems with Core Audio and therefore has been exchanged with an extensive list of fixed sample rates.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

6 (edited by 3phase 2010-11-14 10:33:50)

MC wrote:

It is intended, and it is described in the readme. OS X simply does not support varispeed. The DDS feature causes lots of problems with Core Audio and therefore has been exchanged with an extensive list of fixed sample rates.

ok... thnx

i probably had a too quick look in the readme..  a pitty thats it is gone..worked nicely in the older version on my laptop..

however.. i never really used the option..was just good to know that your interface can perform the stunt in case you need it..was impressive ;-)....

is it possible to run an firmware updated interface with an older driver on an older laptop?..  also unrelated to this topic i might need to run an older laptop with its older driver over my interface with the actual firmware... sofar it seems that this actually works.. but is it designed to deal with that situation or should it be avoided?

g

ps.. 

is the varispeed still active in the windows versions?

7 (edited by 3phase 2010-11-14 10:33:11)

and while we are at it... why i am listed as a adat user? thats really mean :-/

Keep posting and see what happens.

best regards
Knut

9 (edited by 3phase 2010-11-16 20:50:30)

ok..but could you please answer my other questions because your readme is not telling anything.. or mentions that something got removed...

- Due to incompatibilities with certain audio applications (e. g. Studio One) only the following fixed samples rates are supported by the driver (no more frequency ranges): 32000, 42336, 44056, 44100, 44144, 45937, 46080, 47952, 48000, 48048, 50000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 1920

and what is studio one?  cant ther be just a checkbox that disables the varispeed featue for studio one users?
needed or not.. i bought my fireface with varispeed ability.. as i said i was impressed..

and does all that applys only to the apple driver? or do i need to dowload the windows version and try to interpretate your readme?
a direct answer would be nice..  is varispeed still available on windows machines..yes or no?

thanks

3phase wrote:

and what is studio one?

Google is your friend.

3phase wrote:

and does all that applys only to the apple driver? ..  is varispeed still available on windows machines..yes or no?

Yes and yes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME