Topic: New macbook pro no expresscard or pcmcia! Adapter or bin :(

I have multiface I and have been using it for several years using a Duel-Adapter on my macbook pro for several years now.
Now it's dying I'm gonna get a new one however the new ones don't have any card slots.
does anyone know of an adapter so I can connect it to firewire or any other way of keeping it as it's perfect for what I need and they aren't selling second hand on ebay.
also the macbook pro is the only option for me as I need it for other things.

Help me please!

Ash

Re: New macbook pro no expresscard or pcmcia! Adapter or bin :(

the 17" MBP has an express slot
otherwise you are out of luck

Scott
ADK

hmmm i've got a 17" at the moment and it's just too big.

can anyone reccomend an alternative to the multiface? i could probably get away with 6 analog ins, budget's tight tho and latency is a big issue as i'm using this live.

thanks
Ash.

Fireface UC.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

yeah not gonna have that kind of money is there anything in the second hand market i should look for?

cheers,
Ash

If your macbook pro is failing because of the nvidia graphic problem, you should be eligible for a free logic board replacement even if its out of warranty. See here. They're replacing them up to four years after the original purchase.

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

It's not completely dead, the battery exploded and bent the case both of which they're replacing for free, however the graphics are too slow for my photography and my HD is way too small for dual boot with windows for my engineering programs, I figured I should sell it as it's gonna have a new battery and it's not quite obsolete yet. I should have checked the connections when I ordered my new one.

I would have thought there would have been some kind of adapter as there are plenty of options for pcmcia to expresscard and and firewire or usb to expresscard etc. none the other way around apparently.

It's probably not the right place to ask but does anyone have any experience with the Motu ultralite mkIII I've heard it's good for latency and thats about what my budget will stretch to.

Cheers
Ash

You are right, not the correct place to ask.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME