1 (edited by TB-AV 2010-11-20 17:43:51)

Topic: Problem getting Win 7-64 to recognize new install of PCIe card

Digiface + PCIe

Gigabyte X58A UD3   --- BIOS version FC dated Nov. 2010

Windows 7 - 64

Digiface and PCIe just arrived from Synthax. It was defective and repaired and just came off their bench so I have no reason to believe the PCIe card is defective.

DIgiface connected gets solid red host light.

Basically it's as though the PCIe card is invisible. Tried moving it to various slots to no avail.

Wasn't sure if I was installing correctly and then noticed the X58 / PCIe problem threads.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks,

Tom B.

EDIT: Per this document https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/sh … card_e.pdf

the jumper towards the bottom of the card. X0401. In that photo the top two pins are jumpered. On my card the bottom two are jumpered. I don't want to risk moving it though. It's the only visual thing I notice though. The upper jumper X201 has the two center pins jumpered.

Re: Problem getting Win 7-64 to recognize new install of PCIe card

Your jumpers are correct. Did you find this thread?

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7348

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yes, I did see that one.

The problem is, my system never sees the card. There is nothing in device manager to install a driver to. I mean other than the things that are already running properly.

Nothing under sound devices. No warning signs of any hardware that is not functioning properly. No sign of RME card.

Tom B.

Well, then you will have to check the card (you do not need to connect the DF for that) in a different computer. If it works there then the X58A seems to be the cause.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Will do, unfortunately I don't have another computer with PCIe. They are all PCI only.

Is the card recognized in the Bios?  Is it recognized in the device manager?

I wasn't sure how to identify it in the BIOS. No it was not noted in the device manager.

Synthax has sent me a replacement to try which will arrive Monday. I'm hoping for the best but in the event this doesn't work, if you have any suggestions I'll give it a shot.

TB

Good news... all is well.

Synthax sent me a different card and it's working like a champ.

Tom B.