Topic: 'NEW' FireFace 800 not looking that NEW to me. Quality Control Issue?

Hi all.

I've owned a couple of FF800's over the years.

I recently bought a new one from Studio Xchange in the UK. It came via the UK distributer (Synthax UK)...boxed and apparently factory sealed.

I ripped off the outer plastic covering and opened the box. The power lead, optical/FireWire cable and bundled CD looked fine. I lifted the unit out, took off the foam inserts and bubblewrap....so that I may inspect it. Thats when I started to notice a hell of alot of cosmetic defects. My Fireface has got scratches on it, smudge marks and defects on the silver finish. My immediate reaction was that I'd just paid ?1k for shitty B-Stock.

For ?1k shouldnt its condition be better? Has anyone else bought a new Fireface recently, only to be a little dismayed by its cosmetic condition? Right now, Im just a little worried that I've been duped. Im a perfectionist....its a horrible affliction....and if a 'new' item has significant cosmetic defects then I get paranoid.

Do the FireFace 800's come with a serial number? Could RME tell me when my unit was manufactured?

Maybe I have a customer return that got reboxed and sold to me?

Any type of help/clarification would be of great use to me.

Thanks

Re: 'NEW' FireFace 800 not looking that NEW to me. Quality Control Issue?

Best advice I can give is to contact the distributor directly, I am certain they will help you resolve the issue.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Hi Jeff

Thanks for your reply.

I have emailed Synthax UK and raised it with them. I'll let you know what they say.

Cheers

Why don't people finish threads anymore? rant
Did this issue get resolved? And if so, what possible excuse did Synthax UK / Studio Xchange give you?