Topic: Micstasy and Midi Remote

Hello,
i'm using 4 Micstasys in a live sound environment for both live recording and as remote headamps for the digital console via Madi. Unfortunately, RME does not support Yamaha's LS9 desk for direct gain control via console.
Midi Remote is alright for that but you can only open one Micstasy with Midi remote. I'd like to view all four Micstasy's simultaneously. Any chance for that in a future Midiremote release?

Thanks

Re: Micstasy and Midi Remote

Why can you open only one Micstasy in MIDI Remote? There is a menu entry called 'New Window'...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Oh sorry, i overlooked that feature. Great.

// slightly offtopic: Is it safe to use Midiremote and other software that uses Midi (like Yamaha's Studiomanager or Logic) on the same machine? Is it possible that these midi comands from other applications interfere? (when pt mode is off)

Only if you use the same MIDI channel, or overload the MIDI bus with too many data.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hello,

I'm about to purchase a Micstasy (madi) and I already get an Avid PRE. Is it possible to control the PRE via Micstasy's Midi outputs in order to have 16 channels of remote preamps in Pro Tools, in a MADI setup (Mac OS)?

Here is a "drawing" :

PRO TOOLS SETUP-----madicable-----MICSTASY-----midicables in&out-----PRE

Regards

Can you use New Window to control 4 Micstasy units at once?

Yes. Each unit should be assigned a specific ID first to make this easier.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Is it possible that saving configurations does not work on OS X 10.6.8 ?
Saving my setup with ADI 8 and two Micstasys generates files that can not be opened by Midi Remote App.

UFX+, FireFace 802 FS, Digiface USB
12 Mic, M1610 pro, Micstasy
MacBookPro M1
Logic Pro X