Topic: Foldback with Total Mix for RME multiface?

Hello,

I am running the older multiface series. The mixer is HDSPe 2.64.

What I'd like to know is if it's possible to do software foldback with my version of Total Mix. I want to software patch the hardware outputs back into my DAW's inputs. I just learned recently that it can be done with Total Mix but that may be with different hardware, I don't know.

If so, how do I enable it? I've looked at both the mixer and the matrix and can't see how this is accomplished.

Thanks,

Camillo

Re: Foldback with Total Mix for RME multiface?

Control-click the output labels. When they turn red they're sending their output back to their input (hence, "foldback").

PC1 = HDSPe PCIe: DF-ADI-8 DS / HDSPe PCIe: MF2
MBP = HDSPe Expresscard: MF1

3 (edited by Camillo jr 2010-12-09 19:25:14)

Fantastic! That was simple.

BTW, I just noticed a couple of other things about this. If I mouse-click the red button it toggles between red and orange.

And if I Control-click the orange button, that toggles between an orange and a yellow state.

What do these indicate? I see nothing in the manual about this although it's likely an old manual.

Thanks again.

Yellow plus red = orange...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

At first I thought you were having me on. But it occurred to me much later that the orange might mean that the channels are both folded back and have linked faders, which I've discovered is indeed the case.