1 (edited by j0hnglist 2010-12-07 21:09:57)

Topic: Routing question for MONO Analog Synth (Moog Slim Phatty)

Hi guys. I just got a Moog Slim Phatty synthesizer and its a mono synth (a single line out obviously). I hooked it up to Input #3 on the front of the Fireface 400. Outputs 1 and 2 are my master outputs that play any sound sources in my setup. The problem is that the synth is only playing out of Output #1 on the left side only. I want to hear the sound centered. What are my routing options here? I cannot figure it out.  Please help. Many thanks in advance.

Re: Routing question for MONO Analog Synth (Moog Slim Phatty)

If you are using Fireface Mixer to route input directly to outputs, center the pan field above the input fader (top row).

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

thanks for replying Jeff. I actually did try moving the pan on the Input field in Total mix but the sound keeps coming out of the Left side only. Any ideas?

Sure the mixer has got the right routing selected/displayed?
http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5039

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I actually learned TotalMix using the same link from this forum. But I guess this leads to a good question. I routed my Input on Channel #3 (Top level) to the Output (bottom level) #1 and #2. but its only routing to #1 as its mono.  do I first CENTER it in the pan, THEN route? Would that make it routable to 1 AND 2? I guess I am trying to understand what happens with a mono channel thats panned in the Total Mix. Does Total mix intelligently split the signal into 2 parts, routed to #1 and #2 at 50%?

Make sure Submix is active, that may be the missing piece here.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

you know, sometimes my TotalMix acts up and behaves weird. I think I tested the panning during one of those times. I just tried it again and the panning DOES center the sound. Thank you!