Topic: Deleted post

I noticed that my last post about win XP vs. win 7 DPC performance does not exist anymore? Any reason why? Timur gave me a lot of usefuel information about my question which is lost also.

Re: Deleted post

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9591

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ok I understand the situation.

HP 8730w
Nvidia Quadro FX 2700M
4 GB ram
Intel Core 2 T-9600
ricoh firewire chip

Excelent performance with win XP sp3 and also very low DPC latencies - 30-40us avg/<100us peak
Poor performance with win 7 and latest drivers. Latency peaks fo more than 16000us probably caused by wlan interface driver.

Timur gave me some good advices, but I did not write them down. Timur (or anybody else) can you please share your toughts again.

regards, kasaudio

4 (edited by basssalad 2010-12-16 22:28:02)

My post also was lost. It was mainly about the same topic. My new laptop(HP DV4 -2160US) is working much better thanks to Timmur's recommendation of turning off "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" in Device manager. If I boot up the computer, open my DAW (Samplitude) software and start recording, I will end up getting a"lost asio buffer" due to a hard page fault (svchost.exe). If I boot up and let everything sit for 5 minutes, then record everything is fine. I can record 16 trks @44k for 2 hours. The Cpu and disk usage (external esata drive) in Samplitude reads 0 - 1%.
     I have a UFX on order and wonder if the USB connection is the way to go? Will the Hard Page faults also effect the bandwith of the USB bus?

My Home computer also is running crappy under windows 7. I used to be able to record 16 trks @96k with no problem with XP. I can't record 8 trks @96k with the highest buffer settings on win 7.
Samplitude 11 was written for win 7 and doesn't work correctly with XP.

Thanks,
                                                                                       Allen