Topic: Cubase not recording with RME fireface 800

Hi,

Need your help to set up my RME FF800 and Cubase 5.5.
I have a very simple setup.
One RME FF800 converter
One Condensor Mic
One Headphone
Two Studio monitor speaker system
and One Laptop on Windows 7 home (64bit)

I have installed RME latest fireface driver, firmware and TotalMix. Connected Laptop through TI firewire chipset expresscard 400 ports with RME FF800 firewire 400 port. One condensor mic in mic preamp in the front (channel 7). I have no ADAT or SPDIF, only one analog mic input.
In TotalMix window I see the signal coming through the mic but I am not getting any signal through Cubase 5.
When click the Record in Cubase, it is recording with NO signal.
I think, I am missing something in the setup but failed to understand what is that.

Can someone let me know the solution or the step by step procedure how to set up RME FF800 and Cubase together and what are the checkpoints or validation I should do before start recording ?

Any help is highly appreciated. Let me know if you need any screen shots or attachment.

Thanks.

Re: Cubase not recording with RME fireface 800

If you are seeing the signal in Total Mix but get no recording in Cubase, I would look at your Cubase hardware configuration settings.  I am not a Cubase user, but it sounds like your FF800 is communicating with the laptop and with Total Mix.  Does Cubase have a procedure for defining the hardware and assigning inputs to tracks.  I am a Sonar user and there are two places you do this in Sonar.  There is an initial hardware set up and then you have to assign FF800 inputs and outputs to tracks.  Hope this helps some.