Topic: Fireface 800 disconnects with Sonar X1

I had this problem since sonar 8.5.  I know it's a known issue on this forum, but no fix yet.  Anyone found anything?

Thanks

Windows 7 pro/64bits
Sonar Producer X1
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
4 gigs Ram

MBP M1 Max, 64 Gigs RAM, IOS Ventura
ADI-8 QS and UAD Apollo Twin Thunderbolt

Re: Fireface 800 disconnects with Sonar X1

Some links to show that this is known in this forum? All problems with Sonar had been addressed by driver updates...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sonar 8.5 working fine here with a FF800.

-----------------------

Various ADK computers :-)

I saw disconnect message in X1 after trying to open 48k project while FF800 was in 44k.
In my system Fireface(s) work as well with X1 than 8.5.3.

sonarmods.com

I saw disconnect message in X1 after trying to open 48k project while FF800 was in 44k.
In my system Fireface(s) work as well with X1 than 8.5.3.

This is what I mean.  I have always been able to open any project, regardless of what sampling rate it was (with Sonar 8 and previous versions).  Now if this is a normal behavior, then it's fine with me.   

In the past, Sonar 8.5.3 was totally unusable, the FF800 kept on disconnecting.  Now with the new FF800 drivers and X1 (and 8.5.3 also) I get the 'disconnect' message only once, when I open a project.

MBP M1 Max, 64 Gigs RAM, IOS Ventura
ADI-8 QS and UAD Apollo Twin Thunderbolt

I am seeing some interesting behavior with my FireFace 800 and Sonar X1 as well.  I have spent the last two days trying to figure this out.

I have 4 ASIO interfaces - FF800, StudioLive 1642, ElevenRack, and POD HD500.

I have Studio One and Sonar X1.  Both installed on a new Windows 7 64 bit machine.  FF800 drivers are the latest from the download section (3034).

After the clean install, the FF 800 worked fine until I went in to Sonar X1's preferences and changed the bit depth to 24 and the sample rate to 48k.  After that, the FireFace will NOT work at all in Sonar.  I have deleted the AUD.INI file as well.

Even more interesting is that once I try using the FF800 with Sonar, it is unusable for Studio One.  If I reboot, Studio One and the FF800 work fine.  If I start Sonar X1 and use the FF 800, there is no audio and Sonar is very sluggish.  If I close Sonar and open Studio One, the FF800 does not work.

If I use any other interface they all work across both programs.

It appears that there is something up with Sonar and the FF800 if the sample rate/bit depth get changed.

I am open to any suggestions.

John

Euh... Hello someone ? December 28 2010... a question.... Is there a reply on this issue ? I am planning a purchase of FF800 and use Sonar 8.5.3, tried the FF800 for a week-end, no problem, but haven't got very far as to change sample rates... And I have X1 installed (have not tried it but plan to cross from 8.5.3 and X1 on regular basis very soon).  What is the conclusion of this thread please ?
Thanks.
Rob

The conclusion is that we (like Cakewalk) are constantly improving our drivers (the software), so problems get eliminated sooner or later. The above post mentions multiclient playback, which is part of the upcoming drivers. As is improved behaviour when switching sample rates with Sonar.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

The conclusion is that we (like Cakewalk) are constantly improving our drivers (the software), so problems get eliminated sooner or later. The above post mentions multiclient playback, which is part of the upcoming drivers. As is improved behaviour when switching sample rates with Sonar.

yes, but sometimes *you* (manufacturers) like Cakewalk (software developers) are sometimes dropping products or discontinuing... As a guy who is making up his decision since about 2 weeks to GO / no-GO to buy a FF800, this is a very important question ;-)

Thanks Matthias for replying.

10 (edited by 19 frets 2011-03-15 22:25:16)

Saw this announcement today on the Sonar user forum of the following fix to be added to Sonar X1b version due out in late March.

March 15 Update:

* ASIO Dynamic Sample Rate Improvements
          o Improvements have been made to the way SONAR handles dynamic sample rate changes with ASIO devices.
          o If an ASIO driver supports changing its sample rate dynamically, SONAR will automatically switch the device sample rate when playback is started without requiring a restart of the application.

Looks like they are working on improvements.

11 (edited by rcprod 2011-08-28 13:30:16)

I am now also having this disconnect problem. Previously everything worked fine with Sonar X1 and Windows XP x64, in that I could load any project and the drivers would automatically change to the required settings.

I am now using a new install of Windows 7 and also updated the RME drivers and the firmware to the latest available version. Now when I load in a project that contains files that are say 44.1 Khz and the previous project was 88.2 Khz or 48.0 Khz the FF800 driver will disconnect and then there will be no sound.

Hopefully this problemm will be addressed soon.

My experience is that X1 *A* does not disconnect, X1 *B* does disconnect and X1 *C* seems to be fine again (long term experience will tell).