Topic: x's 2 Frequency - not working

Hi all,

I have a FF800 and am trying to use an ADAT XT to add an additional 4 input channels at 24/88.1

On the DDS tab, Frequency x1 x2 x4, I've checked box x2 as well as the Active box. The Frequency section is blinking from grey to black. On the FF800 control panel the FF800 shows 88.2 and the ADAT is 44.1

I get distortion from the incorrect sample rates on playback.

I can get it to work at 24/44.1 but that's not what I want.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
Rahl

Re: x's 2 Frequency - not working

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here - the XT does not support 88/96k to the best of my knowledge...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

That could explain it! I don't fully understand the concept but was under the impression that because the TOSLINK port could support 88/96k, I would be able to do so with an ADAT.

This prompts another question; would the tracks coming through the ADAT via TOSLINK be 24bit as I have the FF800 setup or 16bit as per the ADAT?

Thanks
Rahl

Both sample rate and resolution will be liited by the capabilities of the AD or DA converters.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

The ADAT XT is 16bit.

So another question (please bear with me, I'm still learning digital), will the tracks coming throught the 16bit ADAT be 16bit and the lines running through the F800 be 24bit?

Or will it all be 16bit in my session?

I have the Project Setup in Cubase as 44.1/32bit float

I'm not sure if you can have 2 different resolutions in the same project.

Sorry if these are daft questions : )

Rahl

The XT tracks will be recorded as 24 bit files, with 16 bit of actual audio resolution.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you so much for your answers! That helps immensely.

Rahl